What is your in-game name:
OhNoMilo
What is your discord:
Milo#9337
How old are you:
Which timezone do you live in:
GMT/BST
How long have you been playing archer:
Just over 2 weeks, but feels like I've been playing here a lot longer. Thoroughly enjoying the server.
How often can you be online:
I can easily be online 6+ hours on weekdays, as I'll have work. However, 10 hours should be possible on most weekend days. Unless, I'm meeting family.
Do you have any prior staff experience? If so, what position and for how long:
I have been staff on 3 previous servers I have played:

DecimatePvP:
  • I started staffing on DecimatePvP as a "chat mod" around three-four years ago. It was a softcore factions server with three planets, each planet all having a constant three figure player base. I worked my way up to Helper and then to Moderator after two-three months. This required me to watch out for hackers and factions breaking rules, as well as screensharing hackers through an app called AnyDesk to search for any malicious clients. After around 8 months staffing the server I was promoted to Senior Mod, which gave me access to a few more perms and gave me the role of "mentoring" helpers. Helping them with commands and learning how to screenshare. (You were promoted from Helper-Mod once you passed a screenshare test from the Admins). Eventually, I was given the role of Jr Admin, where I was conducting screenshare tests and co-in charge of accepting and declining new staff applications. Unfortunately, after around 4 more months of being Jr Admin and a total of 18 months playing the server (including staffing) I resigned due to exams I had at the current time.
PokeResort:
  • At the start of Covid-19 (March 2020) I got back into minecraft after a year or so break. I found that pixelmon existed, a combination of two games I enjoy. I joined PokeResort and instantly loved the friendly welcoming community. I played for about a month, then applied. I became Helper in April 2020, helping new players learn commands and keeping chat PG. I swiftly got promoted to Moderator, where I gained permission to /mute for longer durations and /tempban. Around 3 months later, the owner gave me Sr Mod position. This entailed me assisting new staff members, as well as having access to perm mute and perm ban. After some normality was coming back to the world, in around August/September, the server died off a bit going from around 100 players to hitting 50 players on a good day. The majority of the staff (including myself) reduced our playtime massively, also due to the fact that most of us had played for 7+ months and had pretty much completed the game. I thoroughly enjoyed this staff experience, mainly because the higher staff and community was so nice (most of the time ;) ).
OPMines:
  • Back in 2015 or 2016 can't quite remember I became staff for a short while on OPMines prison server. This was an extremely toxic server. It required constant chat attention, especially to sort out and put an end to arguments, but also to aid people with different queries and commands etc. After about 3 weeks of being Helper, I was asked to join TeamSpeak with an Admin and was given the good news of a promotion to "Trial-Mod". However, after only being in this role for just over a week I resigned due to a family member falling ill and didn't come back to minecraft for a good year. This staff stint was short be educational as a youngster, being only 15 at the time.
Have you ever been demoted on another server or here? If so, why?:
On PokeResort I was eventually demoted for inactivity on New Years Day as they were having a staff revamp, as well as me not being as active as I used to be. Although, I remain friends with most of the staff including the owner to this day.
Why do you want to be staff?:

I'd like to believe I am a particularly friendly player, who can get on with any other player. Meaning I'll be able to interact with players to assist them with most of their server needs. Additionally, helping people just gives me some personal enjoyable to be honest, it gives me a sense of responsibility as an older player.
Why should we pick you over someone else?:
Calmness, Confidence, Maturity and Authoritative. Four words that I'd use to describe myself when coming to staffing and four words which I believe make me a better choice than others. Calmness, as I won't panic in situations, where a staff member is needed. Confidence, even without a staff role I am active in chat when I'm online and even when I'm not online I'm active in the discord. I'm not afraid to talk to players in game or in voice chat in the discord whether it's to tell them something or to sort out a problem. Maturity, I can constantly remain mature on and off the server, whilst still having banter of course! As well as this, I am easily capable of taking "harsh" insults or even racism without giving the player a reaction (The only reaction would be the deserved punishment). Authoritative, I will not hesitate and will make reliable decisions when it comes to punishing players. "Let the punishment fit the crime" as the saying goes, whether I am friends with the player or not, if the rules are broken I am a neutral.
If accepted, you are willing to commit some of your free time to moderating the server.
All my free time will be dedicated towards the server, playing and moderating simultaneously.
If accepted, you will do your best to help players in need and when in doubt, will ask higher ranked staff members for help.
I will help players to the best of my abilities and capabilities, and if they are in further need then I will inform a higher ranking staff member about their situation so they can be aided.
If accepted, you will keep staff conversations private. This means that you will not talk about anything mentioned in the staff chats with anyone that is not staff
Required

• Yes
  • No
Upon applying for Helper you agree not to speak about your application to staff members or in game. This includes but is not limited to asking people to read your application or rate it.
Required

• Yes
  • No
Have you read and do you understand the rules and their punishments?
Yes, I have read and understand them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
~Milo

turtlecon

Staff member
Hi milo,

You're on when the server is the most active, which is very good,

You have a good understanding on how the server works, and the rules.

Overall, I think you'd fit very nicely into our staff team!

+1